- This event has passed.
The Pump House Gang and What They Do
Thursday, July 19, 2018 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pmFree
A video compilation by BHF Member Jim Hohman of events sponsored by Battle of Homestead Foundation over a period of a decade or so, like Paul Laxton’s walking tour of “Out of This Furnace,” Tim Kulen discussing the genesis of his Worker’s Sculpture, the Lilly, PA, American Legion war murals montage, the 2003 Free Speech Conference, memorials at the Homestead Cemetery, and others.
Here’s Jim’s remarks: “As a long-term attendee at Homestead breakfasts, with original members Russ Gibbons, Dave Demarest, Charlie McCollester, Steffi Domike, Bill Yund and Rosemary Trump, AKA the founding “Charter” members of the Battle of Homestead Foundation, I found myself over a period of 15 years or so taking a lot of video footage of various events and presentations at, and for, the Pump House. It occurred to me recently, when looking over the material I had shot, that much of it had not been seen before much less made part of a permanent archive. The purpose of the presentation will be something in the form of a retrospective of outtakes from these various events. I will also make it clear that affiliated entities like the Pennsylvania Labor History Society (PLHS) are also included.”
• Sculptor Tim Kaulen discusses the creation of the “Workers’ Sculpture” South Side 2011 (BHF)
• Out-takes from “A Woman’s Place” United Electrical Mural, Erie, PA (PLHS)
• Concluding 2003 Free Speech in Homestead conference with memorial tributes at grave sites of fallen strikers of the 1892 Battle of Homestead, at the Homestead Cemetery (PLHS and BHF)
• Brief coverage of “Jazz at the Pumphouse” Pittsburgh Musicians’ Union concert (2014) (BHF)
• “Under the Table” music video of Mike Stout (BHF)